* Read this article about different ways to punish children for misbehavior
* Respond to the article in paragraph form
* Find, use, and embed ONE quote from the article into your response
* Follow-up questions:
1. Which type of punishment do you think is most effective?
2. Should teachers be allowed to hit kids for misbehaving?
3. At what point does it become abuse?
* Invitational Grammar (introductory phrases)
* Practice tone and mood relating to songs
* Read "Bloodstain" independently
* Answer the follow-up questions independently
* Select a symbolic object from "Bloodstain" and explain the significance in relation to the short story
* Open-ended response (if time)
* Read SSR book for 30 minutes
* Check Edmodo for any discussion questions
* Tone vs. Mood