* Put each of the following words into a sophisticated sentence:
* arrogant - adj. exaggerating your importance or abilities
* banished - v. to exile (send away permanently)
* decree - n. an order given by a government or other authority
* commotion - n. confused and noisy disruption
* bewilderment - n. to be in a state of confusion
* Finish discussion on "Priscilla and the Wimps"
* Read handout about the Garden of Eden and make connections
* Discuss the different themes found in the story
* Writing prompt (emphasis on topic sentences)
* Review plot diagramming using "3 Little Pigs"
* Invitational grammar (compound sentences)
* Read "Wise Old Woman"
* Answer study guide questions and fill in a plot diagram
* Read SSR book for 30 minutes
* Do you think respecting your elders is important?
* Is it unfair that the media portrays the older generation as senile and moronic?
* In our society, do you think respect for authority figures (parents, grandparents, teachers, police officers, etc.) has decreased or weakened?
* Who do you respect and why?