* Finish the front page of "Wise Old Woman" study guide
* arrogant - adj. exaggerating your importance or abilities
* banished - v. to exile (send away permanently)
* decree - n. an order given by a government or other authority
* commotion - n. confused and noisy disruption
* bewilderment - n. to be in a state of confusion
* Review plot structure
* Invitational grammar - compound sentences
* Read "Wise Old Woman" independently
* Answer study guide questions and fill in a plot diagram
* Discuss as class
* Read SSR book for 30 minutes
* Do you think respecting your elders is important?
* Is it unfair that the media portrays the older generation as senile and moronic?
* In our society, do you think respect for authority figures (parents, grandparents, teachers, police officers, etc.) has decreased or weakened?
* Who do you respect and why?