* Look over your annotations from yesterday
* pennant - n. long tapering flag
* splotchy - adj. marked with spots
* rickety - adj. shaky or insecure
* simmering - v. (cause to) boil very gently
* heaving - v. to lift or haul with great effort
* Mini-lesson on direct vs. indirect characterization
* Finish "The Girl at the Window" silently (annotations along the way)
* Answer the follow-up questions with your partner
* Class discussion of the questions
* Read SSR book for 30 minutes
* Direct Characterization "Mean Girls"
* Indirect Characterization "The Breakfast Club"
* Top 10 Haunted Houses in Movies