* Read this article on the cost of remembering 9/11
* Reflect and respond in paragraph form
* Do you think 9/11 should continue to be observed? Should the government spend millions to remember the day? Is the memory of 9/11 important to all future generations? Do we do too little (or too much) to recognize 9/11?
* Introduction to short stories (plot diagramming practice)
* Finish reading "Priscilla and the Wimps"
* Answer the study guide questions to the short story
* Group work to discuss the study guide questions
* Introduction to symbolism/allusions
* Class discussion about story and plot diagramming
* Open-ended response (focus on topic sentences)
* WOTD - Due 9/17
* Read SSR book for 30 minutes
* Complete "student" and "parent" survey - Due 9/14