* In your notebook: Write a detailed description of your appearance. Start with your hair and work your way down.
* apparent - adj. clearly seen or understood
* sullen - adj. silent and bad-tempered
* winced - v. a slight movement from pain or embarrassment
* pestered - v. annoy constantly, esp. with requests or questions
* impulse - n. sudden urge to do something
* Appearance vs. reality - Dove commercial
* Review themes in literature
* Introduce internal vs. external conflicts/parallel episodes
* Read "Broken Chain" silently
* Answer study guide questions
* Discuss as class
* Read SSR book for 30 minutes
* Read this article on dating rituals around the world
* What are some of the popular dating rituals amongst 8th graders?
* Do you go out alone or with a group of people?
* Where is a popular place to go for a date?
* How do you get the destination?
* What do you do before the date to look your best?
* Do you think dating rituals have changed over the years? If so, for the better or worse?
* What are some of the most common ways to get a person's attention?