* Read this article on the different types of students in school
* Think about the WDMS school culture. Do you find it to be conformist? How are quirky types treated? Are you “popular,” or do you aspire to be? Are the “popular” kids generally well-liked? Do you think you’re a “quirky” type who might flourish more after high school? Or are you someone who generally tries to fit in?
* Reflect and respond in paragraph form
* Introduction to short stories (plot diagramming practice)
* Introduction to Invitational Grammar (simple and compound)
* Finish class discussion for "Priscilla"
* Review symbolism and allusion
* Class discussion about story and plot diagramming
* Open-ended response (focus on topic sentences and lead-ins)
* WOTD - Due 9/17
* Read SSR book for 30 minutes
* Complete "student" and "parent" survey - Due 9/14